At the Kaibab Lodge, we enjoy having larger groups stay with us. Here are a few things we've picked up along the way to make your stay with us smoother and more enjoyable.
- We define a group as 10 rooms or more to receive the 10% discount. If you have 5 rooms for 2 nights we will count that as 10 rooms. Likewise, if you have 4 rooms for 3 nights you will receive a discount. We will also discount 1 room for 10 nights.
- We can hold blocks of rooms for a certain amount of time. Have each person call, let us know the group name and we can book the room for them using their credit card. It is recommended to have all of the rooms paid for before your arrival. This way you do not have to stand waiting in line at the front desk.
- You may also book the rooms using one credit card and have the people in your party pay you back. The first night will be due at the time of making the reservation. Once a room is paid for using a credit card, we can not refund it and put it on another person's card.
- About a week before your arrival, please call and give us the rooming list, aka, who is going to be in what room. We can put names put on envelopes with the keys and maps inside. As long as we have the names and rooms, we can release the keys even if the group leader arrives later. This makes it very easy if some of the folks in your group arrive a bit earlier.
- Another good idea is to plan with us for a group meal. This way everyone will have the same thing, (tweaked for vegetarian, diabetic, or gluten-free of course!). The meals will be one price per person. The price will include a non-alcoholic beverage, tax, and gratuity. The best way to pay for this is to have one person pay for the meal on their credit card, and have the group members pay them back. If the meal is planned for in advance you can also work the price in with the lodging so each person will know in advance how much the room and meal (s) will cost. Having to figure up everyone's meal (off the menu) and everyone using their own credit card, does take some time at the front desk, and can bog down an evening, again, one person paying does streamline the process.
- 10 rooms or more also will receive a 10% discount off on the group meals. If your group decides to go off the menu for ordering, there is no discount on the food.
- We like to have larger groups eat at either 5:00 PM or 8:00 PM for dinner, and we will let the other guests know, so they can plan when they eat around your group. If your group is leaving in the morning for a very early rim to rim hike, before the restaurant opens, (Our restaurant opens for breakfast at 7:00 AM) we can provide hiker's breakfasts. In a hiker's breakfast is a packet of instant oatmeal, raisins, and brown sugar, a carton of yogurt, a can of juice, and a piece of fresh fruit. Let us know by 8:00 PM the night before and we can make these up for you to take with you to your room. Each room has a coffee pot and you can use the coffee maker to heat the water for the oatmeal. If you would like to have a group breakfast, we like to get the group in by 7:00 AM (right when we open). We have a set meal prepared for groups. Usually scrambled eggs, toast, home fries, bacon, or ham or sausage. A beverage, coffee or tea, or juice. The discount, tax, and gratuity will all be figured into the price.
- Arizona does not observe daylight savings time. During the season, May 15th through October 15th, Arizona is on Mountain Standard. This is the same as the Pacific time zone. Check-in is anytime after 4:00 PM, check-out is by 10:00 AM. The Kaibab Lodge is open from 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM. If your group is arriving after 9:00 PM, please call us and we will give you instructions about getting your room keys and maps. The front desk phone is manned during the season between 7:00 AM and about 9:00 PM. The phone number for the front desk is 1-928-638-9866. When you receive your confirmation e-mail you will also get an e-mail with a map and driving directions. It is a good idea to print it out or to e-mail it to others in your group to make sure everyone is on the same page. Also If you are arriving after dark, please be very careful, we have mule deer, cattle, elk, and bison that could be on the roads, and we want you to arrive here safely. Please also be aware cell phones do not work in many of the areas on the way here.
I hope the above information will be very helpful to you and your group. We will do our best to ensure you have a positive experience with our lodge and a wonderful vacation at the Grand Canyon North Rim. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call our reservation line and talk to a real live human! 1-928-638-2389. If you do get the answering machine, leave your name, phone number including area code, and what nights you would like to stay, your call will be returned in the order it was received during regular business hours. Happy Planning!